Here are the steps to create a link to a library resource in the course navigation (left-hand menu).
- Log in to Canvas at http://seattleu.instructure.com
- Go to your course and click Settings
- Select the Apps tab and then the icon for the Redirect Tool. The icon is a curved blue arrow that looks like this:
- Select Add Tool
- In the Add App window, fill in the following boxes (pictured below):
Name: Redirect Tool (will be autofilled)
Link Name: Select a name for your link that will appear in the course navigation (e.g. Nursing Research Guide)
URL Redirect: URL for your link (e.g. http://libguides.seattleu.edu/nursing)
- Check the appropriate boxes depending on how you want your link to appear in the navigation
- Click the Submit button and reload the course web page in your browser.
- The link will now appear in the course navigation. You can change the order of the navigation items by clicking the Navigation tab under Settings and dragging items to the desired location in the list with your mouse.
- Note: if you want to delete your added link, return to the Apps tab under Settings, select View App Configurations and click on the trash can icon next to the appropriate external app.