Publicity in the Library & Learning Commons
Advertising Policies for Campus Partners
Approved by: Marketing & Communications Team
Last Revised: 05/09/18
If you have an event or resource that you believe supports academic success and would like to publicize in the library, please review the following guidelines.
- All advertising in the Lemieux Library & McGoldrick Learning Commons must adhere to University publicity on campus and refer to the “Content” section guidelines.
- Persons are strictly forbidden to distribute commercial or external advertising on library property, to circulate or post petitions, or to solicit funds for any purpose.
- Non-academic advertisements are restricted to the bulletin board in the 2nd floor lobby area which is monitored by the Center for Student Involvement. Exceptions may be made for university-mandated communications per approval by the Dean of the Lemieux Library.
Types of Publicity
- Approved advertising is limited to table tents, quarter-sheet flyers, and bookmarks.
- Table tents must be 3 folded 11 X 14 or smaller
- There are 38 locations throughout the library and learning commons for placing table tents and quarter sheets. Table tents and quarter sheets placement is limited to areas marked on the map below (red x= one table tent/quarter sheet)
- Bookmarks can be placed in 3 locations: at the 2nd floor iDesk and the 3rd floor Circulation Desk and iDesk
- All promotions within the library should relate to the Library & Learning Commons directly or support student academic success. •
- Library Marketing & Communications Team will review all material to ensure it meets with general University policy.
- All approved advertising in the library must indicate (1) Name of the sponsoring organization or group, (2) Nature of the event, (3) Date, time and location, (4) Cost if any, and (5) A contact number or email for more information.
- Marketing materials should be submitted 3 weeks in advance to Marketing & Communications Team firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- If approved, the campus partner will schedule a time to drop off promotion material to the Marketing & Communications Team. All material will be stamped for approval and distributed by library staff.
- 3 separate promotions can be posted in the library at one time.
- All decisions about library publicity can be appealed to the Dean, Lemieux Library & McGoldrick Learning Commons and final publicity approval will come from the Dean.
Questions? Email the Marketing & Communications Team: email@example.com